Are YouTube Ads good for Lead Generation?
Are YouTube Ads good for Lead Generation? Marketer Bros. CO – When you have a small business it can be overwhelming to know where to spend your marketing dollars. Advertising can be expensive, and often the return on investment isn’t worth it. Therefore, it’s smart to get the most bang for your buck when it comes to lead generation.
With so many options, where is the best place to put your money? Believe it or not, YouTube Ads.
What is YouTube?
YouTube is the go-to site for video content. You can find anything from how to apply makeup to how to install a faucet. In fact, YouTube is the second most visited site, just behind Google.
What does this mean for businesses? That your target audience is most likely using YouTube every day, even multiple times a day.
YouTube Ad Statistics
The stats we came across from YouTube speaks volumes on how YouTube Ads play a part in the success of lead generation.
- People watch OVER a billion hours of YouTube a day worldwide
- On average, two billion people use YouTube a day (that is just counting those who login)
- YouTube is available in 80 languages
- The United States is the largest audience platform
- Businesses only pay for ads people watch for at least 30 seconds
- Adding YouTube Ads can help you see a 2 to 8 times return on your ad dollars, as well as provides you feedback to see what is or isn’t working
- While most people are watching from a mobile device, there has also been an increase of users watching from TVs
Types of YouTube Video Ads
There are three different types of YouTube video ads available. It is best to know about each one, and decide if one or all work best for your target market.
- TrueView In-Stream Ads– The ads stream before a video and often come with a “Skip Ad” option that displays five seconds after starting. Because you don’t pay if the user decides to “skip” your video, this is a great option to use with a limited budget.
- Discovery Ads – These show up in YouTube search results, alongside other related videos, and on the YouTube homepage. Users will see a thumbnail image, so it’s important to have something to catch their attention. You only pay if a user clicks on your ad, not to have it come up in the search results.
- Bumper Ads- These short ads can’t be skipped and most often target mobile users. They are ideal for brand awareness and reach.
Utilizing YouTube Ads for Lead Generation
Are YouTube Ads good for Lead Generation? Marketer Bros. CO. YouTube ads are great because you can narrow down exactly who you want to see your ads. Knowing who your target market is essential before starting ads, so you can be sure your marketing dollars are being used efficiently.
Your content for your YouTube ad should be engaging. That’s the only way that you’ll keep a viewer’s attention, have them watch your whole ad, and get them to click your call to action.
Since ad lengths can vary, knowing when to place your call to action is key. You want to start by making it clear to your viewers what you are trying to accomplish. If your ad runs longer, it is also beneficial to think about adding a call to action in the middle and end as well.
Make it easy for users to know exactly what to do and make sure your landing page is set up for lead generation (opt-in form, appointment link, etc).
YouTube ads can be a great way for lead generation. You just have to be sure you are reaching your target market with strong content. Following the above tips can help you find quality leads and turn them into new customers/clients.
Here at Marketer Brothers, we can show you how to use YouTube ads for branding and marketing. Contact us to talk about how we can help your business thrive. We are proud to serve the Denver and Federal Heights, CO communities, and beyond.