How different is Marketing from Branding? Marketer Bros. CO
How different is Marketing from Branding?
Here at Marketer Brothers, we get the question, “what is the difference between marketing and branding”, all the time from our clients.
Are you running a business? If so, it is imperative to not only know what marketing and branding are, but also how they can work together. The two are often confused because they do go hand in hand.
What is Branding?
To best way to understand branding is to ask yourself, “how do you want people to feel when they think of your business” and “what inspired you to build your business”. It is important because branding makes a memorable impression on consumers and shows them what to expect from your company.
Branding is strategic
Branding helps you set yourself apart from the competition and show customers how your product can better help them versus other products. Branding an important step in making your business successful, as it will stick with you for a long time.
Different Elements of Branding
There are 5 main elements when it comes to branding your business or yourself. These include:
- Logo- This is the visual people first think of when your business comes to mind. It is how they will recognize you. Like Nike and the Swoosh, and McDonald’s and the Golden Arches.
- Positioning- Designing your business’s offering and image to occupy a distinctive place in the mind of your target market.
- Image- How your customers see your business.
- Guidelines- A set of rules that explain how your brand works and are followed by anyone who works within your business.
- Purpose/Values- What your brand stands for and why your customers should believe in it.
What is Marketing?
Simply put, marketing is how your message is delivered to your customers. How you market your business is always changing, based on trends and tactics. It’s important to find what works best for your company and your customers.
Marketing is tactical
Marketing looks at the goals of the business and how those goals are going to be achieved. Social media marketing, online marketing, content marketing, radio, and print ads are just a few examples of methods.
Different Elements of Marketing – How different is Marketing from Branding? Marketer Bros. CO
Experimenting with different methods and tracking which ones work better with your customers can save you a lot of time and money.
- Research- Collecting information on what your customers are buying, why they are buying it, and how you can get their business.
- Direct Marketing- Selling your product or service directly to the customer.
- Social Media- The quickest way to reach your customers online. It allows you to communicate with your customers on a personal level and build brand loyalty. These platforms include Facebook, Instagram, YouTube Ads, LinkedIn, etc.
- Product Marketing- When your business is bringing a new product or service to the market. To be successful, you should make sure your customers know what it is, how it works, and that you are reaching the correct audience.
To summarize; Branding is defined as making, communicating, and delivering a promise, and is a long-term commitment. Marketing is finding and connecting with your target audience, has shorter-term goals, and can constantly change.
Marketing strategies and campaigns will come and go, but brands should stick around to make a business successful and gain loyal customers.
How different is Marketing from Branding? Marketer Bros. CO Looking for help with branding your business or creating a successful marketing strategy? Marketer Brothers is one of the top ad agency in Colorado. We are proud to serve the Denver and Federal Heights, CO communities, and beyond. We take pride in helping businesses thrive. Contact us today to learn more about marketing, branding, and more.